TO GROW WHEAT GRASS
Grow in a sprouting tray with drainage holes. Soak about 6 hours. Rinse or spritz twice a day for about 10 days
- Grow in a sprouting tray with drainage holes.
- Soak 1 to 2 layers of seed for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain well. Rinse or spritz twice a day for about 10 days. (You may harvest them earlier since the stems can become fibrous if grown too long.)
- Cut off shoot and use.
It is common for wheat to have traces of mold while growing. Often there is less mold when growing in soil than hydroponically. Wheat has more tendency to grow mold in water based methods than soil based. If you are seeing excessive amounts of mold, please contact us to help you troubleshoot.
Jar Method: for growing short sprouts
- SOAK – Put 3 to 5 Tbsp seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with screen lid. Add water, swirl and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak about 6 hours.
- RINSE – Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl and drain. Invert jar and prop at an angle in a sink or bowl.
- ENJOY – Ready to use 2 – 3 days. Refrigerate to store.