- SOAK- Put 1 to 2 Tbsp. seed in a wide mouth jar. Cover with a sprouting lid. Add water, swirl, and drain. Add 1 cup cool water and soak for 3-6 hours. Drain well.
- RINSE – Twice a day, refill jar with cool water, swirl, and drain very well by tapping and banging. Invert jar and prop at an angle on sprouting jar stand. BE SURE TO RELEASE AS MUCH WATER AS POSSIBLE..
- ENJOY – Ready to eat in 4 to 5 days. Refrigerate to store. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.
- SOAK- Cover the bottom of the sprouting tray with one single layer of seed. Place the tray and seeds in a dish of water and soak for 2-3 hours. (Alternatively, once you’ve measured your seeds in the tray, you can put the seeds in a bowl, fill the bowl with water, and soak for 2-3 hours.) Drain well.
- RINSE – Twice a day, rinse the seeds. Either rinse under a tap of running water, or use a spray bottle to mist well. Tip the tray to the side to drain well.
- ENJOY – Ready to eat in 4 or 5 days. Refrigerate to store. Sprouts can be refrigerated for up to two weeks in a sealed container. (Sprouts store best when they are fairly dry- do not store immediately after rinsing.)
Prepare enough moisture into your soil ahead of time
- Soak as per package directions. . Drain soak water. rinse Sow the soaked seed on the soil.
- Sprinkle the soaked seeds over the moistened soil in a tray, and press them gently into the loose soil. Cover loosely with a clean towel, unbleached paper towel, plastic, or a thin layer of soil to maintain humidity. stack an empty tray on top of the towel/plastic. put weight in the empty tray. This wt help root the seeds into the soil check daily to determine the moisture
- After the seeds begin to germinate, you can remove the towel/plastic and continue spritzing the seed twice daily until it reaches desired height.
- Growing tips: Adding a tsp of liquid kelp to the water is beneficial. Make sure this large seed is completely covered so it stays moist. To obtain great germination, keep your seeds at a steady temperature (70F).After germination, avoid keeping the soil too moist.